Day 2, Oxford

I told myself I would stay awake until late, but obviously that didn’t happen. Woke up at ten pm and got ready for bed, went back to sleep for a few hours but woke again around 2am. Played on Facebook and talked to people in NZ for over an hour and finally got back to sleep – I must have been quite tired because my heart was beating oddly, adding to my stress. Fortunately by morning that had passed. 

When I woke in the morning I mucked around for hours and didn’t end up leaving the house until after 10. I went to Three, the phone store, and got a UK sim that does roaming in most of the countries I plan to visit. Best of all it was £20 a month and I have 12gb of data to use, so I’ll be safe when it comes to needing maps etc now. Most importantly I can snapchat and play Pokemon Go now. It’s a pretty fantastic deal, highly recommend if you visit! 

How badly I wanted this cake

I visited Radcliffe Camera and the Oxford University Church, took a bunch of photos and spent £4 to walk up the tower. Was worth it for the view. 

This is how humans stand, right?

Then Cathy appeared and we got lunch together, we both had very lactosey meals and voiced our immediate regrets as we sat in our chairs groaning like beached whales. 

Cream? No thanks, lactose intolerant. Oh, soy milk? Nah I’m good.

She then walked me to the museum of science and history. Unfortunately hurt my back carrying my bag on the front of my person (classic Matt), as they didn’t want us knocking things over. I saw the library and then the Bridge of Sighs, where Cathy told a story involving its creation due to the fact that a survey suggested the students in that college were the fattest and could use the exercise. 


From there I walked around the main streets, watched a lady making fudge (and bought some of that fudge), then headed to the Ashmolean museum. I spent a couple of hours there, particularly in the Rome and Greece sections (probably anticipating my future journeys). 

Coffee-chocolate, *drool noises*

I then went to the museum of natural history which was excellent, and on the way home popped to the supermarket for a wee feed before accompanying Cathy to netball. The walk was nice and I got to see more of Oxford and the more suburb-ish areas. Unfortunately I jinxed it and made Cathy lose her netball game. The walk home was dark and brisk, and once we got back I had some soup and ate a croissant, then began to devour my fudge. I booked my bus ticket to London for Wednesday and accommodation from Wednesday until Saturday, where Swang and I will bus to Paris. 

“Do you want to go to France on Saturday?” Swang asked me. “Yea, sure” I replied. So casj.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s